Wyoming High School State Finals Rodeo 2015
The belt buckles and saddles are on the line.
Cowboys and cowgirls will ride at the 2015 Wyoming High School State Finals Rodeo at the State Fairgrounds in Douglas.
Competition starts on Thursday, June 11th, and concludes on Saturday, June 13th.
The first 2 days of competition have rodeos scheduled for 8:30am and at 6pm.
If your turn is on the morning of the first day, then your second turn will be on the evening of the second day, and vice-versa.
Saturday's short-go will start at 10am.
Competitors get points based on where they place on each DAY of a competition.
For example, you get 10 points if you finish first for the day, 9 points for a 2nd place finish, etc…
The scoring system at the WYHSFR might be different.
For each cowboy/cowgirl, the top 12 days/finishes from the regular season is their point total heading into the State Finals Rodeo.
If a cowboy/cowgirl has earned points on more than 12 occasions, the worst of their finishes are dropped from their point total.
That point total, combined with whatever points they earned at the State Finals Rodeo, will determine their final point total for the season.
The top 4 in each event at the end of the season, are invited to compete at the High School National Finals Rodeo, to be held in Rock Springs in July, 2014.
Winning the State Finals Rodeo competition doesn’t guarantee you qualify for the HSNFR, but it does strengthen your case to qualify.
If you are on the bubble heading into the State Finals Rodeo, this is your last chance for the season.
You MUST be in the top 4 points-wise, in your event.
The top 4 in each event at the end of the season, are invited to compete at the High School National Finals Rodeo, to be held in Rock Springs July 12-18, 2015.
Below is the current top 4 in each event, as of the end of the regular season.
Information courtesy: The Wyoming High School Rodeo Association
1. Hunter Carlson (Douglas) – 119.5 points
2. Chance Ames (Big Piney) – 114.5
3. Brian Brown (LaBarge) – 113
4. Tyler Erickson (Wheatland) - 92
1. Mike Burtenshaw (Buffalo) – 116 points
2. Brady Thurston (Lance Creek) - 100
3. Dalton Garrett (Casper) – 97
4. J.D. Slagowski (Eden) – 80
Tie Down Roping:
1. Owen Wahlert (Grover, CO) - 104 points
2. Jhett Hadley (Wheatland) – 97
3. Garrett Murphy (Torrington) – 86
4. Wyatt Tarver (Gillette) - 72
1. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) - 99.5 points
2. Justene Hirsig (Cheyenne) - 95
3. Kate Dickinson (Rock Springs) - 92
4. Jacey Thompson (Whitney, NE) - 67
1. Blare Romsa (Laramie) – 110 points
2. Lynden Nelson (Moorcroft) - 91
3. Teigen Finnerty (Wheatland) - 90
4. Brady Thurston (Lance Creek) – 89
1. Jacey Thompson (Whitney, NE) – 112 points
2. Jamie Thompson (Whitney, NE) - 108
3. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) – 101
4. Kaylee Seeds (Jay 'Em) - 92.5
1. Linzee Adamson (Arvada) - 114 points
2. Karson Bradley (Big Piney) – 109
3. Sheyenne Jacobsen (Gillette) - 93
4. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) - 71.5
1. Abi Deveraux (Newcastle) – 115 points
2. Karson Bradley (Big Piney) – 102
3. Elsie Campbell (Riverton) - 76
4. Alexis Manley (Laramie) - 69
1. Jayden Johnson (Casper) and Kellan Johnson (Casper) – 98 points
2. Jerren Johnson (Casper) and Wheaton Williams (Big Horn) - 93
3. Denton Shaw (Lusk) and Justene Hirsig (Cheyenne) - 83
4. Jace Berger (Saratoga) and Matt Britton (Wheatland) - 69
1. Levi Wilson (Jackson) - 67.5 points
2. Tyrell Fisk (Rozet) - 66
3. Ty Bertrand (Gillette) - 59.5
4. Anthony Green (Cheyenne) - 51.5