Bison Basketball Coaching Clinic In Cheyenne October 4th
South High School in Cheyenne will be hosting the Bison Basketball Coaching Clinic on Saturday, October 4th in the gymnasium. Coaches from all around the region will be speaking about various coaching topics.
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM: Clinic Registration in the South High Commons (Doughnuts and juice served)
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM: Brent Bargen - Chadron State College, Nebraska - “The Chadron Offensive System and the Dribble Drive”
- 10:15 - 11:15 AM: Scott Duncan - University of Wyoming - “The UW offensive philosophy and situational defenses”
- 11:30 - 1:00 PM: Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Mike Portelance – Colorado Chill - “Things that work in building a successful high school program”
- 2:15 - 3:15 PM: Doug Schakel – JCCC, Kansas - “The Triangle Offense vs. Man & Zone Defenses”
- 3:30 - 4:30 PM: Curtis Glesmann – Poudre High School, Colorado - “Implementing 4 Out Motion Offense and Practice Planning”
- 4:45 - 5:45 PM: Matt Johannsen – Fossil Ridge High School, Colorado - “Building a Program & Situational Fast Break Options”
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM: Doug Schakel – JCCC, Kansas - “How to win 80% of your close games” - “Correcting Shooting Problems”
- 7:00 PM: Closing
*(Speakers Subject To Change Due To Unforeseen Circumstances)*
- Pre-Registration: $50 per coach
- At The Door: $60 per coach
*(No School Purchase Orders Accepted)*
Questions or to pre-register contact Coach Glen Kirkbride by phone: (307) 246-3450, by cell phone or text: (307) 286-9918, or by email KirkbrideG@laramie1.org.
Confirmation of registration will be emailed to the address that you provide.