Wyoming High School State Rodeo Finals
This weekend is the last chance for cowboys and cowgirls to lock in their spots for next month's High School National Finals Rodeo.
Competition for the Wyoming High School State Rodeo Finals begins Thursday, June 21st and runs through Sunday, June 24th at the state fairgrounds in Douglas.
Winning the weekend, does not guarantee a spot at the HSNFR, but it can help one's cause.
Cowboys and cowgirls earn points based on where they finish each day at a rodeo.
Competitors get 10 points for a first place finish, 9 points for a 2nd place finish, etc...
For the WYHSRF, the scoring system is a little different.
The top 4 in each event, based on points throughout the season (fall and spring season combined), will be invited to the HSNFR, next month in Rock Springs.
Start times for the WYHSFR on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are at 9am and 6:30pm.
Sunday's competition starts at 11am.
Here are the winner’s from the Douglas rodeo, held 2 weeks ago.
Saturday’s winner is listed first, followed by Sunday’s winner.
Barebacks: Garrett Ford (Gillette) won both days.
Barrel Racing: Cassidy Kruse (Gillette) and Emily Faber (Rozet)
Breakaway Roping: Bailey Burch (Gillette) and Deena Norell (Meeker, CO)
Bull Riding: Cody Culver (Manderson) and Wiley King (Casper)
Goat Tying: Coralee Spratt (Lysite) and Ashten Marchant (Newcastle)
Pole Bending: Chloe Ashenhurst (Wheatland) and Breanna Reimler (Buffalo)
Saddle Broncs: No Saturday winner and Mason Rockafellow (Clearmont)
Steer Wrestling: Trever Nelson (Moorcroft) won both days.
Tie Down Calf Roping: J.W. Thrush (Gillette) and Trevor Scantling (Buffalo)
Team Roping Saturday: Trever McNamee (Burns) and Brockston Gotchall (Laramie)
Team Roping Sunday: Trever McNamee (Burns) and Brockston Gotchall (Laramie)
The top 4 in each event at the end of the season are invited to compete at the High School National Finals Rodeo, to be held in Rock Springs in July.
Below is the current top 4 in each event as of the end of the Douglas rodeo.
Information courtesy: The Wyoming High School Rodeo Association
1. Jeffery Zdziarski (Sheridan) – 135 points
2. Garrett Ford (Gillette) – 103
3. Justin Kissack (Gillette) – 78
4. Grant Griffin (Wheatland) – 16
1. Mason Rockafellow (Clearmont) – 109.5 points
2. J.W. Meiers (Mills) – 107
3. Wiley King (Casper) – 88.5
4. Blaze Cress (Hillsdale) – 84
1. J.W. Thrush (Gillette) – 132 points
2. Garrett Grieve (Baggs) – 103
3. Trevor Scantling (Buffalo) - 90
4. Bailey Young (Gillette) - 87
1. Coralee Spratt (Lysite) – 127.5 points
2. Deena Norell (Meeker, CO) – 106
3. K.L. Spratt (Lysite) - 98
4. Justene Hirsig (Cheyenne) – 92.5
1. Austin Eller (Glendo) – 153 points
2. Drew Antone (Kinnear) – 142
3. Kane Butcher (Jelm) – 100
4. Dalton Beasley (Banner) - 90
1. K.L. Spratt (Lysite) – 143 points
2. Jaime Thompson (Whitney, NE) – 142 points
3. Coralee Spratt (Lysite) – 136.5
4. Emily Faber (Rozet) – 129
1. Chandler Markel (Scottsbluff, NE) – 115 points
2. Teal Stoll (Pavillion) – 96.5
3. Cassidy Kruse (Gillette) – 92
4. Rheanna Gail (Farson) – 90
1. Breanna Reimler (Buffalo) – 142
2. Teal Stoll (Pavillion) – 124
3. Amber Robinson (Pinedale) – 112
4. Chloe Ashenhurst (Wheatland) – 111
1. Coley Nicholls (Kinnear) and Garrett Grieve (Baggs) – 127 points
2. Jayden Johnson (Casper) and Klay Ready (Dixon) – 80
1. Tyler Orchard (Baggs) – 71
2. Drew Antone (Kinnear) – 65
3. Chantz Cates (Buffalo) – 64
4. Hawk Whitt (Thermopolis) – 55.5