Wyoming High School State Finals Rodeo 2016
The belt buckles and saddles are on the line.
Cowboys and cowgirls will ride at the 2016 Wyoming High School State Finals Rodeo at the State Fairgrounds in Douglas.
Competition starts on Thursday, June 9th, and concludes on Saturday, June 11th.
The first 2 days of competition have rodeos scheduled for 8:30am and at 6pm.
If your turn is on the morning of the first day, then your second turn will be on the evening of the second day, and vice-versa.
Saturday’s short-go will start at 10am.
Competitors get points based on where they place on each DAY of a competition.
For example, you get 10 points if you finish first for the day, 9 points for a 2nd place finish, etc…
The scoring system at the WYHSFR might be different.
For each cowboy/cowgirl, the top 12 days/finishes from the regular season is their point total heading into the State Finals Rodeo.
If a cowboy/cowgirl has earned points on more than 12 occasions, the worst of their finishes are dropped from their point total.
That point total, combined with whatever points they earned at the State Finals Rodeo, will determine their final point total for the season.
The top 4 in each event at the end of the season, are invited to compete at the High School National Finals Rodeo, to be held in Gillette in July 17-23, 2016.
Winning the State Finals Rodeo competition doesn’t guarantee you qualify for the HSNFR, but it does strengthen your case to qualify.
If you are on the bubble heading into the State Finals Rodeo, this is your last chance for the season.
You MUST be in the top 4 points-wise, in your event.
Below is the current top 4 in each event, as of the end of the regular season.
Information courtesy: The Wyoming High School Rodeo Association
1. Brian Brown (LaBarge) - 117 points
2. Hunter Carlson (Douglas) - 116
3. Thomas Davis (Osage) - 92
4. Tyler Erickson (Wheatland) - 90
1. Tyler Erickson (Wheatland) - 68 points
2. Ira Dickinson (Rock Springs) - 60
3. Trae Burgess (Worland) - 56
4. Dawson Norton (Newcastle) - 54
Tie Down Roping:
1. Owen Wahlert (Grover, CO) - 103.5 points
2. Zane Thompson (Cheyenne) - 100.5
3. Canton Afdahl (Torrington) - 87.5
4. Wyatt Tarver (Gillette) - 83
1. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) - 106 points
2. Kate Dickinson (Rock Springs) - 80
3. MaKenna Balkenbush (Sheridan) - 79
4. Aften Peterson (Ten Sleep) - 55
1. Jacey Thompson (Lusk) - 119 points
2. Alexis Manley (Laramie) - 103
3. Reata Hoar (Albin) - 102.5
4. Abi Deveraux (Newcastle) - 85.5
1. Karson Bradley (Big Piney) - 97 points
2. Sheyenne Jacobsen (Gillette) - 94
3. Shyann Russell (Gillette) - 81
4. Makenna Balkenbush (Sheridan) - 73.5
1. Shay Hough (Gillette) - 114 points
2. Abi Deveraux (Newcastle) - 98
3. Sheyenne Jacobsen (Gillette) - 85
4. Jenna Hoffman (Sheridan) - 70
1. Taylor Davidson (Douglas) - 115 points
2. Chance Anderson (McKinnon) - 101
3. Tanner McInerney (Alzada, MT) - 95
4. Landon Utter (Wheatland) - 86
1. Kellan and Carson Johnson (Casper) - 120 points
2. Jerren Johnson (Casper) and Wheaton Williams (Big Horn) - 96
3. Colter Wise (Riverton) and Zane Thompson (Cheyenne) - 79
4. TC Hadley (Wheatland) and Canton Afdahl (Torrington) - 78
1. Matthew Fenton (Ten Sleep) - 66 points
2. James Butterfield (Worland) - 65
3. Ryley Lane (Torrington) - 51
4. Jared Noseep (Ft. Washakie) - 48
1. Johnathon Lipps (Casper) - 172 points
2. Wes Bray (Casper) - 151
3. Trae Butterfield (Worland) - 137
4. Neale Jones (Farson) - 73
1. Rylee Whitman (Big Piney) - 197 points
2. Emmy Ilgen (Sheridan) - 169
3. Ayanah Winsor (Kaycee) - 167
4. Shae Bray (Casper) - 132