Wyoming High School Spring Rodeo Season 2015 – Off Week
Cowboys and cowgirls have a week off to prepare for the last Wyoming High School Rodeo of the season.
The State Finals rodeo is scheduled for June 11-13, at the State Fairgrounds in Douglas.
Below are the winners of last week's Douglas rodeo.
Saturday's winners listed first, followed by Sunday's winners.
Information Courtesy: The Wyoming High School Rodeo Association.
Barebacks: Hunter Carlson (Douglas) won both days.
Barrel Racing: Karson Bradley (Big Piney) and Elsie Campbell (Riverton)
Breakaway Roping: Makenna Balkenbush (Stony) and Tymber Taylor (Buffalo)
Bull Riding: Todd Walker (Torrington) and Dylan Grant (Jackson)
Goat Tying: Saije Pollard (Wyarno) and Kaylee Seeds (Jay 'Em)
Pole Bending: Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) and Shyanna Cahoy (Sheridan)
Saddle Bronc: Brady Thurston (Lance Creek) won both days.
Steer Wrestling: Dax Cathcart (Carpenter) and Thomas Davis (Osage)
Team Roping Saturday: Zane Thompson (Cheyenne) and Riley Curuchet (Kaycee)
Team Roping Sunday: Brady Merritt (Ft. Collins, CO) and Owen Wahlert (Grover, CO)
Tie-Down Roping: Riley Curuchet (Kaycee) and Brady Thurston (Lance Creek)
Competitors get points based on where they place on each DAY of a competition.
For example, you get 10 points if you finish first for the day, 9 points for a 2nd place finish, etc…
For each cowboy/cowgirl, the top 12 days/finishes from the regular season is their point total heading into the State Finals Rodeo.
If a cowboy/cowgirl has earned points on more than 12 occasions, the worst of their finishes are dropped from their point total.
That point total, combined with whatever points they earned at the State Finals Rodeo, will determine their final point total for the season.
The top 4 in each event at the end of the season, are invited to compete at the High School National Finals Rodeo, to be held in Rock Springs July 12-18, 2015.
Below is the current top 4 in each event, as of the end of the Douglas Rodeo.
Information courtesy: The Wyoming High School Rodeo Association
1. Hunter Carlson (Douglas) – 119.5 points
2. Chance Ames (Big Piney) – 114.5
3. Brian Brown (LaBarge) – 113
4. Tyler Erickson (Wheatland) - 92
1. Mike Burtenshaw (Buffalo) – 116 points
2. Brady Thurston (Lance Creek) - 100
3. Dalton Garrett (Casper) – 97
4. J.D. Slagowski (Eden) – 80
Tie Down Roping:
1. Owen Wahlert (Grover, CO) - 104 points
2. Jhett Hadley (Wheatland) – 97
3. Garrett Murphy (Torrington) – 86
4. Wyatt Tarver (Gillette) - 72
1. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) - 99.5 points
2. Justene Hirsig (Cheyenne) - 95
3. Kate Dickinson (Rock Springs) - 92
4. Jacey Thompson (Whitney, NE) - 67
1. Blare Romsa (Laramie) – 110 points
2. Lynden Nelson (Moorcroft) - 91
3. Teigen Finnerty (Wheatland) - 90
4. Brady Thurston (Lance Creek) – 89
1. Jacey Thompson (Whitney, NE) – 112 points
2. Jamie Thompson (Whitney, NE) - 108
3. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) – 101
4. Kaylee Seeds (Jay 'Em) - 92.5
1. Linzee Adamson (Arvada) - 114 points
2. Karson Bradley (Big Piney) – 109
3. Sheyenne Jacobsen (Gillette) - 93
4. Quincy Segelke (Snyder, CO) - 71.5
1. Abi Deveraux (Newcastle) – 115 points
2. Karson Bradley (Big Piney) – 102
3. Elsie Campbell (Riverton) - 76
4. Alexis Manley (Laramie) - 69
1. Jayden Johnson (Casper) and Kellan Johnson (Casper) – 98 points
2. Jerren Johnson (Casper) and Wheaton Williams (Big Horn) - 93
3. Denton Shaw (Lusk) and Justene Hirsig (Cheyenne) - 83
4. Jace Berger (Saratoga) and Matt Britton (Wheatland) - 69
1. Levi Wilson (Jackson) - 67.5 points
2. Tyrell Fisk (Rozet) - 66
3. Ty Bertrand (Gillette) - 59.5
4. Anthony Green (Cheyenne) - 51.5