Girls State Wrestling Championships Held in Casper
The de-facto girl's high school wrestling championships were held on Sunday in Casper in conjunction with the Sarah Tolin Memorial Tournament at the Ford Center. Girls have wrestled with the boys all season long on the Wyoming prep scene but this is the first time that a championship event has been held, just for the ladies. The minimum required amount of schools have expressed interest in sanctioning the sport and a meeting will be held in April to address that issue.
81 girls in a variety of ages groups competed in Casper and here are the results from the high school-aged division.
1. Rebekah Anderson-Moorcroft 2. Maddox Gehlhausen-Pinedale 3. Clair Knerr-Laramie
1. Alleynah Ronnau-Cheyenne East 2. Kyah Miller-Newcastle 3. Avianca Guzman-Laramie
1. Tai McBride-Jackson 2. Andraya Canchola-Natrona County 3. Dani Duarte-Shoshoni
1. Yessina Teague-Powell 2. Rhiley Wegner-Lovell 3. Abby Vroman-Cheyenne Central
1, Veil Foreman-Jackson 2. Josie Houk-Torrington 3. Teila Peters-Buffalo
Chloe Palmer-Wheatland 2. Lynsey Gray-Moorcroft 3. Avery Lane-Lovell
1. Brinley Green-Rawlins, 2. Charlie Marie Jackson-Burns 3. Layla Elliot-Moorcroft
1. Meadow King-Cheyenne Central 2. Ayse Richardson-Kelly Walsh 3. Jazlynne Gonzoles-Wheatland
1. Emma Crichton-Shoshoni 2. Olivia Smith-Kelly Walsh
181 LBS. 1. Maggie Smith-Rock Springs
Be sure and check out our collection of photos from Sunday's action at the Ford Center, compliments of Jessica Brenton